Every season has it’s ups and downs. Autumn and Winter are for me especially hard, because here in Belgium it can get really depressing cold. In those circumstances, the best thing to have as breakfast/lunch or dinner is soup. A big bowl of creamy soup, and huge croutons. My kids love eating soup with croutons as much as pizza.
- 250ml green lentils, washed
- 1,5 liters of Water
- 3ml Salt
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 30ml Ghee or butter
- 2ml black pepper
- 2ml ground nutmeg
- Bring the lentils to the boil in the measured amount of water in a large saucepan.
- Remove any scum that forms.
- Lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for about 30-35 min. until soft.
- Then add the salt and coconut cream.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small pan, heat the ghee or butter.
- Add the ground nutmeg and ground black pepper.
- Pour over the lentils the spice mix and cook for 2 min.