- 60ml Oil
- 1ml Cumin seeds
- 2ml Asafoetida powder
- 500ml Potatoes, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 green Chilli
- 5ml Turmeric
- 2ml Salt
- 125ml Peas
- 2ml ground roasted cumin
- 225g plain flour
- 4ml Salt
- 10ml Oil
- Approx. 90ml Hot water
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Then add the yellow asafoetida powder, green chilli and turmeric, keep stirring.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the salt, stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and ground roasted cumin. Stir to mix. Cover, lower heat and cook further 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Cool.
- Sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm across. Cut in half.
- Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 6ml of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
- In a similar way make all the samosas.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Put in as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with chutney or ketchup.