Here it is!
The long-awaited task on my to-do list. I wanted to make a Ferrero rocher cake for a long while.
I made a small 18cm, 3 layered chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream and covered the cake with bresilienne nuts. Topped the cake with of course Ferrero rocher’s, raspberries and blackberries.
- 1/2 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 20 gram baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet
- Now mix together, the batter should be a bit lumpy, do not overmix
- Divide this mixture 3 times in a 18 cm oven tin .
- Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
- Let it totally cool down
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge
- Cover the cake with the frosting, Ferrero rocher, nuts and fruits