Donuts are always a good idea. You do not need to be chef to make good fluffy donuts. You can make this. It takes a little time, but you will not regret it.
You can make cinnamon donuts, berliner donuts or just plain powdered sugar donuts, that is up to you.
This recipe makes around 10 donuts.
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/6 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Set yeast aside with 1/8 cup water.
- Mix together, yeast, milk, sugar, salt, yoghurt, and 1 cup of flour.
- Stir and the remaining flour in.
- 1/2 cup at a time, until dough no longer sticks to the bowl,
- Place dough in the greased bowl.
- Let rise till double for 1-2 hours
- Role dough till 1/2 inch thick. cut donut shapes out
- Flour the tray excessively
- Let rise again until double. rise with the cloth.
- Fry the donuts, on low/medium heat
- Glaze it, while they are hot