Gluten -Free cupcakes are really easy and yummy at the same time. In our Vaishnava tradition we have monthly Grain-free days and these are just really easy. Somehow on those days we want to eat more. I make these the night before for our kids to take to school in their lunchbox and they are super content with these cupcakes. I have many memories about buckwheat cakes and this recipe makes a really delicious cupcake ( i promise). The buckwheat taste is really not overpowering and its light.
There are many ways to create different flavours, but for these ones I used frozen berries.
Glutenfree Ekadasi Cupcakes
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 1/2 yoghurt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- (optional) 1/2 cup frozen berries)
Preheat your oven on 180 degrees. Meanwhile mix all your dry and wet ingredients separately. Combine everything well. Place cupcake liners in your muffin-tin. Spoon the batter in (Tip: use ice cream scoop).
Bake for approx 20/25 minutes.
Tip: Just stick a toothpick into the center of your cupcake. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your cupcake is done!
And!! I have a donut oven tin, so I made Ekadasi Gluten free donuts, without the berries.
Do you feel the holiday spirit?? Well here in snowy Belgium we do. It makes me wanna bake all day. The warmth of my oven is like a warm hug. Every other week I supply cupcakes to our local vegetarian Restaurant. And these cute cupcakes were one of them.
My Christmas sprinkle cupcakes : vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. The Christmas trees, are just something cute I found in my favorite Action store.
Vanilla Chocolate chip Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 20gr baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla aroma (not essence)
Mix them all and scoop them out ( Tip: use an ice cream scoop to get equal portions). Bake at 170 degrees celcius for approx. 20/25 min ( Tip: Just stick a toothpick into the center of your cupcake. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your cupcake is done)
Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
Enough for 18 cupcakes
- 250gr Butter (room temperature)
- 250gr powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla aroma
Beat the butter first on high. After add the icing sugar bit by bit. Add the remaining ingredients, until u get a smooth mixture.
After piping the buttercream I have dipped the top with sprinkles in a bowl ( easy and mess-free)
Don’t forget to comment if you have tried our recipe!
This salad is one of the tastiest salads ever. This dish is called “Namul” and refers to a variety of edible grass or leaves or seasoned herbal dishes made of them. In Suriname we have a similar dish called “pitjel” and its served with hot spicy peanut sauce! YUM
Sesame seeds has many benefits, one of them is it contains high levels of zinc, a vital component in the formation of collagen, which strengthens the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. Sesame seeds are packed with unique organic compounds, such as sesamolin, as well as minerals like copper, calcium, iron, and manganese, as well as vitamins and fiber. These seeds may be small, but they pack a major health punch and can help with everything from digestion and circulation to bone strength and inflammation. And spinach has many benefits too, to name a few. It’s good for the skin, eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, and boosted growth for infants.
So this salad is perfect for the body and will benefit you in many ways!
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free, not all soysauce’s are gluten-free)
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
¼ cup water
500gr baby spinach
- Place water in a pot big and boil on high heat.
- When the water is boiling add the spinach and stir until the spinach leafs are completely wilted.
- This takes up to 3 minutes after drain the spinach and squeeze out the water.
- Chop the spinach roughly.
- Mix the spinach with the toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce and sesame oil.
Here it is!
The long-awaited task on my to-do list. I wanted to make a Ferrero rocher cake for a long while.
I made a small 18cm, 3 layered chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream and covered the cake with bresilienne nuts. Topped the cake with of course Ferrero rocher’s, raspberries and blackberries.
- 1/2 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 20 gram baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet
- Now mix together, the batter should be a bit lumpy, do not overmix
- Divide this mixture 3 times in a 18 cm oven tin .
- Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
- Let it totally cool down
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge
- Cover the cake with the frosting, Ferrero rocher, nuts and fruits
A cupcake recipe that is free from dairy!
Easy and yummy that is our motto 🙂
Every Ekadasi ( Grain free day) I crave for something sweet! Because lately i have been making a lot of donuts, I desired donuts so much! I accepted the challenge and tried to figure out a ekadasi/ glutenfree donut recipe.
It is based on my Glutenfree buckwheat cupcake recipe. I have a donut oven tin which I bought cheap and thought let try this. I spray some oil in the tin and piped the batter in there. Make sure to not fill it until the edges, half full is perfect!
Now I will share the buckwheat baked donuts recipe:
By the way, you are welcome 🙂
Now I will share this amazing recipe lemon cake!
IT’S EGG-FREE AND DELICIOUS!
First of all, you need a variety of berries. I used blueberries, raspberries and the amazing strawberries and 1 lemon.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk (i added this time in the milk 30ml yoghurt)
1/3 cup olive oil
20 gram baking powder
3 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
Divide this mixture in two oven trays , same size ofcourse!
Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
and let it cool down before, adding the cream and fruits.
This my mandala filling:
Next i put the 2nd layer on top
Then to give it more flare i have added flowers, mint and coconut flakes:
Spring is almost here!!!
Fruits and fresh flavors are wanted 🙂
Here is the recipe of an Orange upside down loaf:
- 1 1/2 flour
- 20 gr Baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh juice from 1/2 orange
- 3 orange slices
- 1tbsp sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients separately and the wet ingredients also separately
- Combine wet & dry mixtures together
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees
- Prepare your loaf tin with anti stick spray or baking paper
- Cover the orange slices in sugar
- Put the slices on the bottom and pour the remaining sugar over it
- Pour your loaf batter in the pan
Bake for 30-40 min
The mille-feuille (French pronunciation: [mil fœj], “a thousand leaves”),[notes 1] vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon, is a French pastry . When I was young, I use to loveeee cream buns and tompouce/ napoleon cake. Its delicious and creamy!
This is our way of making Napoleon cake. It’s easy, simple and tasty!
Time: 40 minutes
You will need :
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- Icing sugar
- Vanilla Pudding mix
- Milk or liquid cream
- optional: pink colouring
- Prepare your oven to bake the puff pastry
- Follow the instructions on your puff pastry package
- Let it cool to room temperature
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the instructions on your mix (instead of milk, I normally use cream)
- When finished with the pudding, let it cool for 5 min and then pour it over 1 sheet of the baked puff pastry.
- Put the 2nd sheet on top and now it is ready to glaze.
- To make the glaze, u need 2 cups of icing sugar and milk or / liquid cream.
- put the icing sugar in a bowl and add just 1tbps of cream or milk.
- Pour the glaze mixture over the top and voila!
Let it set for 2 hours, if you can wait that long 🙂
and bon appetit!
Good luck and YUMs away!!