This salad is one of the tastiest salads ever. This dish is called “Namul” and refers to a variety of edible grass or leaves or seasoned herbal dishes made of them. In Suriname we have a similar dish called “pitjel” and its served with hot spicy peanut sauce! YUM
Sesame seeds has many benefits, one of them is it contains high levels of zinc, a vital component in the formation of collagen, which strengthens the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. Sesame seeds are packed with unique organic compounds, such as sesamolin, as well as minerals like copper, calcium, iron, and manganese, as well as vitamins and fiber. These seeds may be small, but they pack a major health punch and can help with everything from digestion and circulation to bone strength and inflammation. And spinach has many benefits too, to name a few. It’s good for the skin, eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, and boosted growth for infants.
So this salad is perfect for the body and will benefit you in many ways!
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free, not all soysauce’s are gluten-free)
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
¼ cup water
500gr baby spinach
- Place water in a pot big and boil on high heat.
- When the water is boiling add the spinach and stir until the spinach leafs are completely wilted.
- This takes up to 3 minutes after drain the spinach and squeeze out the water.
- Chop the spinach roughly.
- Mix the spinach with the toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce and sesame oil.