Do you feel the holiday spirit?? Well here in snowy Belgium we do. It makes me wanna bake all day. The warmth of my oven is like a warm hug. Every other week I supply cupcakes to our local vegetarian Restaurant. And these cute cupcakes were one of them.
My Christmas sprinkle cupcakes : vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. The Christmas trees, are just something cute I found in my favorite Action store.
Vanilla Chocolate chip Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 20gr baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla aroma (not essence)
Mix them all and scoop them out ( Tip: use an ice cream scoop to get equal portions). Bake at 170 degrees celcius for approx. 20/25 min ( Tip: Just stick a toothpick into the center of your cupcake. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your cupcake is done)
Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
Enough for 18 cupcakes
- 250gr Butter (room temperature)
- 250gr powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla aroma
Beat the butter first on high. After add the icing sugar bit by bit. Add the remaining ingredients, until u get a smooth mixture.
After piping the buttercream I have dipped the top with sprinkles in a bowl ( easy and mess-free)
Don’t forget to comment if you have tried our recipe!
Here it is!
The long-awaited task on my to-do list. I wanted to make a Ferrero rocher cake for a long while.
I made a small 18cm, 3 layered chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream and covered the cake with bresilienne nuts. Topped the cake with of course Ferrero rocher’s, raspberries and blackberries.
- 1/2 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 20 gram baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet
- Now mix together, the batter should be a bit lumpy, do not overmix
- Divide this mixture 3 times in a 18 cm oven tin .
- Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
- Let it totally cool down
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge
- Cover the cake with the frosting, Ferrero rocher, nuts and fruits
Now I will share this amazing recipe lemon cake!
IT’S EGG-FREE AND DELICIOUS!
First of all, you need a variety of berries. I used blueberries, raspberries and the amazing strawberries and 1 lemon.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk (i added this time in the milk 30ml yoghurt)
1/3 cup olive oil
20 gram baking powder
3 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
Divide this mixture in two oven trays , same size ofcourse!
Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
and let it cool down before, adding the cream and fruits.
This my mandala filling:
Next i put the 2nd layer on top
Then to give it more flare i have added flowers, mint and coconut flakes: