Spring rolls, the healthy snack!
Spring rolls are easy and made in different ways. Some do it with a thin crepe like pancake, wrapping the vegetables in side and fry it. Others buy the Loempia sheets (which you can find in asian food stores) and we did it this time with rice paper. You don’t need to fry this to close the rolls, so this way makes it more healthy.
The rice paper is also sold in Asian food stores or in the exotic section of the supermarkets. Its easy to use and not time consuming.
And now the peanut satay sauce! This is amazing just with anything! I used it with french fries, steamed vegetables ( indonesian dish ” Pitjel), in noodle soup, with fried noodles or just with croquettes and even tofu/paneer sizzlers! I can go on with listing all the YUMMIE things you can do with peanut sauce. We heart it !! 🙂 Seriously, the best dip sauce. Well, this time we combined it with Spring rolls!
The recipe of the vegetable spring rolls you see below the picture!
You will need :
Yield: approx. 10 rolls
Time: 20 min
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Lettuce leafs
- a handful of Soy bean sprouts
- crumbled TOFU
*You can use other vegetables like cucumbers, bell pepper or asparagus or some basil leafs, there are endless possibilities for the fillings.
- Prepare a bowl with warm (not hot water and the bowl should be big enough to dip the rice paper in it).
- Gently dip the wrapper in the warm water just for a few seconds until it gets a bit damp.
- After dipping the wrapper place it on a plate and add the fillings.
- Do not over fill the wrappers, just 1/4 of the wrapper.
- Close the edges and start rolling the wrapper away from you and make sure all the fillings stay in the wrap.
*Tip! You can have satay sauce, soy sauce, cream cheese sauce or hummus as a dipping sauce.
Good luck and YUMs away!!