The mille-feuille (French pronunciation: [mil fœj], “a thousand leaves”),[notes 1] vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon, is a French pastry . When I was young, I use to loveeee cream buns and tompouce/ napoleon cake. Its delicious and creamy!
This is our way of making Napoleon cake. It’s easy, simple and tasty!
Time: 40 minutes
You will need :
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- Icing sugar
- Vanilla Pudding mix
- Milk or liquid cream
- optional: pink colouring
- Prepare your oven to bake the puff pastry
- Follow the instructions on your puff pastry package
- Let it cool to room temperature
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the instructions on your mix (instead of milk, I normally use cream)
- When finished with the pudding, let it cool for 5 min and then pour it over 1 sheet of the baked puff pastry.
- Put the 2nd sheet on top and now it is ready to glaze.
- To make the glaze, u need 2 cups of icing sugar and milk or / liquid cream.
- put the icing sugar in a bowl and add just 1tbps of cream or milk.
- Pour the glaze mixture over the top and voila!
Let it set for 2 hours, if you can wait that long 🙂
and bon appetit!
Good luck and YUMs away!!