Donuts are always a good idea. You do not need to be chef to make good fluffy donuts. You can make this. It takes a little time, but you will not regret it.
You can make cinnamon donuts, berliner donuts or just plain powdered sugar donuts, that is up to you.
This recipe makes around 10 donuts.
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/6 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Set yeast aside with 1/8 cup water.
- Mix together, yeast, milk, sugar, salt, yoghurt, and 1 cup of flour.
- Stir and the remaining flour in.
- 1/2 cup at a time, until dough no longer sticks to the bowl,
- Place dough in the greased bowl.
- Let rise till double for 1-2 hours
- Role dough till 1/2 inch thick. cut donut shapes out
- Flour the tray excessively
- Let rise again until double. rise with the cloth.
- Fry the donuts, on low/medium heat
- Glaze it, while they are hot
The key to perfect buttercream is the quality of the butter.
I use Carrefour unsalted butter, which has 82 % fat (high-fat content), this is very important for a good buttercream.
The next thing is to get the butter in the right softness. Ideally, you leave your butter out in a cosy room, or if it is an emergency situation you can soften the butter in the microwave, with 10sec period, turning the butter until is squeezable.
Your butter should be soft enough to squeeze, but its shape as well.
If your butter is too soft, leave it in the fridge for a few minutes.
Once your butter is perfectly soft, it is time to whip your buttercream.
- 250g unsalted butter, soft
- 250 – 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp whole milk/milk infusion/juice/other liquid
- few drops of vanilla extract
- Beat the butter for 5 min
- It will be different in colour and volume
- Siff the icing sugar
- Add to the whipped butter
- Do it in 2 stages
- Start on low speed until its combined
- Beat for 3-5 minutes
- Add vanilla extract to the milk
- Add the liquid in a bit by bit
- Beat for 4 minutes
- It should be spreadable, smooth and silky and hold its shape while piping
I grew up in the Netherlands and in every nice mall, there is a shop Hema and Mutlivlaai and these shops had the best pies!!!! We were raised vegetarian and most of the pies had eggs (not anymore, yay!) Now living in Belgium, it’s hard to find egg-free dessert, to just have comfort food. One day I was just thinking to make it myself and where do you find inspiration to cook something you never tried, yes! YouTube!. I found a good recipe, but it contains eggs and I replaced the eggs with yoghurt and it worked. The pie was just so yummy and now my kids LOVE pie too. Parenting win!
Here is the YouTube recipe:
Share it if you like it 🙂
Do you feel the holiday spirit?? Well here in snowy Belgium we do. It makes me wanna bake all day. The warmth of my oven is like a warm hug. Every other week I supply cupcakes to our local vegetarian Restaurant. And these cute cupcakes were one of them.
My Christmas sprinkle cupcakes : vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. The Christmas trees, are just something cute I found in my favorite Action store.
Vanilla Chocolate chip Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 20gr baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla aroma (not essence)
Mix them all and scoop them out ( Tip: use an ice cream scoop to get equal portions). Bake at 170 degrees celcius for approx. 20/25 min ( Tip: Just stick a toothpick into the center of your cupcake. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, your cupcake is done)
Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
Enough for 18 cupcakes
- 250gr Butter (room temperature)
- 250gr powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla aroma
Beat the butter first on high. After add the icing sugar bit by bit. Add the remaining ingredients, until u get a smooth mixture.
After piping the buttercream I have dipped the top with sprinkles in a bowl ( easy and mess-free)
Don’t forget to comment if you have tried our recipe!
Here it is!
The long-awaited task on my to-do list. I wanted to make a Ferrero rocher cake for a long while.
I made a small 18cm, 3 layered chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream and covered the cake with bresilienne nuts. Topped the cake with of course Ferrero rocher’s, raspberries and blackberries.
- 1/2 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 20 gram baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet
- Now mix together, the batter should be a bit lumpy, do not overmix
- Divide this mixture 3 times in a 18 cm oven tin .
- Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
- Let it totally cool down
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge
- Cover the cake with the frosting, Ferrero rocher, nuts and fruits
Now I will share this amazing recipe lemon cake!
IT’S EGG-FREE AND DELICIOUS!
First of all, you need a variety of berries. I used blueberries, raspberries and the amazing strawberries and 1 lemon.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk (i added this time in the milk 30ml yoghurt)
1/3 cup olive oil
20 gram baking powder
3 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
Divide this mixture in two oven trays , same size ofcourse!
Bake for approx. 20min on 170 degrees celcius
and let it cool down before, adding the cream and fruits.
This my mandala filling:
Next i put the 2nd layer on top
Then to give it more flare i have added flowers, mint and coconut flakes:
Spring is almost here!!!
Fruits and fresh flavors are wanted 🙂
Here is the recipe of an Orange upside down loaf:
- 1 1/2 flour
- 20 gr Baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh juice from 1/2 orange
- 3 orange slices
- 1tbsp sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients separately and the wet ingredients also separately
- Combine wet & dry mixtures together
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees
- Prepare your loaf tin with anti stick spray or baking paper
- Cover the orange slices in sugar
- Put the slices on the bottom and pour the remaining sugar over it
- Pour your loaf batter in the pan
Bake for 30-40 min
The mille-feuille (French pronunciation: [mil fœj], “a thousand leaves”),[notes 1] vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon, is a French pastry . When I was young, I use to loveeee cream buns and tompouce/ napoleon cake. Its delicious and creamy!
This is our way of making Napoleon cake. It’s easy, simple and tasty!
Time: 40 minutes
You will need :
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- Icing sugar
- Vanilla Pudding mix
- Milk or liquid cream
- optional: pink colouring
- Prepare your oven to bake the puff pastry
- Follow the instructions on your puff pastry package
- Let it cool to room temperature
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the instructions on your mix (instead of milk, I normally use cream)
- When finished with the pudding, let it cool for 5 min and then pour it over 1 sheet of the baked puff pastry.
- Put the 2nd sheet on top and now it is ready to glaze.
- To make the glaze, u need 2 cups of icing sugar and milk or / liquid cream.
- put the icing sugar in a bowl and add just 1tbps of cream or milk.
- Pour the glaze mixture over the top and voila!
Let it set for 2 hours, if you can wait that long 🙂
and bon appetit!
Good luck and YUMs away!!