This chocolate ganache or fudgy frosting is a wonderful option for restricted diets. It can be easily Gluten-free and Nut-free ( check the labels of the ingredients you are using, to be sure). You can have intense and rich flavour or mild and sweet, it all depends on the chocolate you are using.
With this frosting you have different options, you can pour the hot frosting as a glaze or cool the mixture off, which makes this frosting pipeable and spreadable.
This recipe is super easy. I use it for brownies, raw tarts, cakes and cupcakes. This one is a perfect frosting for cakes that aren’t exposed to warm temperatures. I have made cakes with this frosting in the summer, but I freeze the cake before transporting it (only short distances). It will definitely melt otherwise, but for autumn, winter and spring it should be fine.
There are many ways to melt your chocolate, but I am using mainly this method, which is fool-proof.
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Vegan Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge