This chocolate ganache or fudgy frosting is a wonderful option for restricted diets. It can be easily Gluten-free and Nut-free ( check the labels of the ingredients you are using, to be sure). You can have intense and rich flavour or mild and sweet, it all depends on the chocolate you are using.
With this frosting you have different options, you can pour the hot frosting as a glaze or cool the mixture off, which makes this frosting pipeable and spreadable.
This recipe is super easy. I use it for brownies, raw tarts, cakes and cupcakes. This one is a perfect frosting for cakes that aren’t exposed to warm temperatures. I have made cakes with this frosting in the summer, but I freeze the cake before transporting it (only short distances). It will definitely melt otherwise, but for autumn, winter and spring it should be fine.
There are many ways to melt your chocolate, but I am using mainly this method, which is fool-proof.
- 400ml Creamy Coconut milk (canned is perfect, with the highest % of fat)
- 600gr Vegan Chocolate (bars or chips)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cook the coconut milk until boil
- Chop the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, and mix well
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate
- Let it set 2 min
- Start whisking until you get a smooth shiny chocolate cream
- You can pour this hot mixture in your pie or tart base
- For cakes, let it cool off in the fridge or overnight until you get a perfect spreadable /pipeable texture
- If it’s too solid to work, pop it in the microwave for a 1-min session until you get the right spreadable and pipeable texture
- Left-overs? you can store it up to a week in the fridge
I love trying out new things with baking. And this one is a keeper.
It is a Gluten-free & Vegan cupcake recipe, good for any celebration.
This salad is one of the tastiest salads ever. This dish is called “Namul” and refers to a variety of edible grass or leaves or seasoned herbal dishes made of them. In Suriname we have a similar dish called “pitjel” and its served with hot spicy peanut sauce! YUM
Sesame seeds has many benefits, one of them is it contains high levels of zinc, a vital component in the formation of collagen, which strengthens the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. Sesame seeds are packed with unique organic compounds, such as sesamolin, as well as minerals like copper, calcium, iron, and manganese, as well as vitamins and fiber. These seeds may be small, but they pack a major health punch and can help with everything from digestion and circulation to bone strength and inflammation. And spinach has many benefits too, to name a few. It’s good for the skin, eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, and boosted growth for infants.
So this salad is perfect for the body and will benefit you in many ways!
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free, not all soysauce’s are gluten-free)
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
¼ cup water
500gr baby spinach
- Place water in a pot big and boil on high heat.
- When the water is boiling add the spinach and stir until the spinach leafs are completely wilted.
- This takes up to 3 minutes after drain the spinach and squeeze out the water.
- Chop the spinach roughly.
- Mix the spinach with the toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce and sesame oil.
A cupcake recipe that is free from dairy!
Easy and yummy that is our motto 🙂
Spring rolls, the healthy snack!
Spring rolls are easy and made in different ways. Some do it with a thin crepe like pancake, wrapping the vegetables in side and fry it. Others buy the Loempia sheets (which you can find in asian food stores) and we did it this time with rice paper. You don’t need to fry this to close the rolls, so this way makes it more healthy.
The rice paper is also sold in Asian food stores or in the exotic section of the supermarkets. Its easy to use and not time consuming.
And now the peanut satay sauce! This is amazing just with anything! I used it with french fries, steamed vegetables ( indonesian dish ” Pitjel), in noodle soup, with fried noodles or just with croquettes and even tofu/paneer sizzlers! I can go on with listing all the YUMMIE things you can do with peanut sauce. We heart it !! 🙂 Seriously, the best dip sauce. Well, this time we combined it with Spring rolls!
The recipe of the vegetable spring rolls you see below the picture!
You will need :
Yield: approx. 10 rolls
Time: 20 min
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Lettuce leafs
- a handful of Soy bean sprouts
- crumbled TOFU
*You can use other vegetables like cucumbers, bell pepper or asparagus or some basil leafs, there are endless possibilities for the fillings.
- Prepare a bowl with warm (not hot water and the bowl should be big enough to dip the rice paper in it).
- Gently dip the wrapper in the warm water just for a few seconds until it gets a bit damp.
- After dipping the wrapper place it on a plate and add the fillings.
- Do not over fill the wrappers, just 1/4 of the wrapper.
- Close the edges and start rolling the wrapper away from you and make sure all the fillings stay in the wrap.
*Tip! You can have satay sauce, soy sauce, cream cheese sauce or hummus as a dipping sauce.
Good luck and YUMs away!!
Every season has it’s ups and downs. Autumn and Winter are for me especially hard, because here in Belgium it can get really depressing cold. In those circumstances, the best thing to have as breakfast/lunch or dinner is soup. A big bowl of creamy soup, and huge croutons. My kids love eating soup with croutons as much as pizza.
- 250ml green lentils, washed
- 1,5 liters of Water
- 3ml Salt
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 30ml Ghee or butter
- 2ml black pepper
- 2ml ground nutmeg
- Bring the lentils to the boil in the measured amount of water in a large saucepan.
- Remove any scum that forms.
- Lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for about 30-35 min. until soft.
- Then add the salt and coconut cream.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small pan, heat the ghee or butter.
- Add the ground nutmeg and ground black pepper.
- Pour over the lentils the spice mix and cook for 2 min.